Motor Vehicle Accidents

Motor Vehicle Accidents

Motor Vehicle Accidents

Receiving compensation for your injuries can be complex. When you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a motor vehicle accident contact Eshel Law Firm to find out what compensation you are entitled to so you can focus on the recovery process and getting back to your normal life while Eshel Law is taking care of the rest.

Car accidents and various types of motor vehicle accidents occur for a number of different reasons and to varying degrees of damage and distress. If you’ve been involved in a Motor Vehicle accident, you have a three separated claims that you can be initiated:

  1. Claim for Property Damages of your vehicle.
  2. Claim against your automobile insurance policy or in case you do not have any insurance, you can submit a claim to any other insurance policy of any other vehicle involved in the accident or in case of not insurance to Motor Vehicle Accident claims Fund (MVACF).The major functions of MVACF are:
      1. Provide statutory accident benefits directly to persons involved in an automobile accident, who have no recourse to automobile insurance;
      2. Provide compensation for personal injury or property damage to victims involved in an automobile accident with an uninsured or unidentified driver or a stolen vehicle when no liability insurance exists; and recover from the owners and drivers of uninsured vehicles monies paid out on their behalf, where legally permissible. this claim will provide you with coverage for Accident Benefits Claims.
      3. Claim is that you may also be able to sue the person(s) at fault for your injuries; this may be the driver of the car that you were in, or the driver of another vehicle.

There are a plethora of grounds for compensation, such as:

  • pain and suffering
  • lost income
  • cost of care
  • various out-of-pocket costs incurred due to your injuries

In addition to your personal compensation, your family members may also be eligible to obtain compensation for their expenses, loss of care, guidance and companionship from you.

In the case of a Motor vehicle accident you are required to follow these important Steps:

  1. Establish and confirm that the operator, owner and/or manufacturer of the vehicle were responsible for the injuries you sustained as a result of the accident.
  2. Have complete a Police Report completed by an officer or at Collusion center with accurate details of all the parties involved. Obtain a copy of the accident report and make a note of the name and badge number of the officer who filed your accident report. In case you find out a detail of the report not accurate, contact the police and make sure to correct it immediately.
  3. Obtain contact information of any witnesses who saw what happened at the time of the accident will be highly beneficial to your injury case.
  4. Seek medical attention by having your injuries assessed and treated at the hospital or by family doctor immediately following the accident or at the first reasonable possibility after the accident.
  5. Keep track of which doctors you meet with and the treatments they provide you with is always helpful to your case. t. If possible, obtain a copy of the accident report and make a note of the name and badge number of the officer who filed your accident report.
  6. Contact Eshel Law Firm to have a FREE consultation regarding your claim.
  7. Do not accept to pay or compensate Third party any amounts for property damages even if they are small, because once you paid you are accepted liability for the accident.

Further, if you have suspicions that the car or vehicle was operated incorrectly or had faulty safety equipment, try your best to get photographic evidence as well as notes explaining the details of your findings.

No comments yet.

No one have left a comment for this post yet!

Only registered users can comment.